Yesterday was gross and rainy, so I ran to the grocery store to stock up on everything we would need for a lazy day at home. In between watching seven episodes of Game of Thrones season three, I pulled together this super easy dinner: pepperoni pizza roll! According to Wikipedia, pepperoni roll is actually a West Virginia delicacy, which is kind of random and hilarious. Who knew? Needless to say, it’s not a fancy meal, but it’s quick and easy!
Pepperoni Pizza Roll
– Pizza dough
– Shredded Italian cheese mix
– Optional added toppings
– 1 tbsp. olive oil
– 1 tbsp. melted butter
– Marinara sauce
– Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
– Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Roll out your pizza dough in a rectangle or long oval shape.
– Brush dough with olive oil. Add cheese and toppings across the surface.
– Roll up the pizza dough until you have a log shape. Pinch the edges closed and place it in the center of the baking sheet seam side down.
– Brush the top with melted butter.
– Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
– Slice and serve with warm marinara sauce on the side for dipping.
I kept it SUPER simple and used Pillsbury pizza dough and substituted turkey pepperoni. I also forgot the olive oil step and everything came out fine, so you probably don’t need it. You can make this like I did with just pepperoni and cheese, or you can mix it up with any toppings you want. Olives, pineapple, peppers, sausage. You could even add a layer of BBQ or Alfredo sauce before you roll it up.
I served it up with orange slices on the side because I was too lazy to think of anything else and I felt like we needed something on the plate resembling a healthy food group. Enjoy!